Mi cello

Mi (violonchelo) cello es muy bonita, no? 

I think she needs a name. Because I wake up in the morning and can't wait to be done with school so that I may sit myself down and play her. And when I do sit down to play her--an hour can pass and the only signs of the duration are that my arms begin hurting...but it doesn't bother me, I pluck and bow away and the music encompasses me till I no longer can sense the passing of time. When I must reluctantly place her back upon the wall I keep the tunes in my head till they become more than notes on paper, but my music. No longer Bach's, no longer Handel's, nor Pope Joy's, but mine. Fingers ripple up and down the fingerboard and sounds emits forth as the bow travels along it's well-known roads. 

It was about 1 1/2 years ago, on my 14th birthday when my parents gave me the gift I thought I would never have...at least, not until I could save up enough money to buy one. I had written "cello" on my birthday wish list just in joke..knowing that we could not afford one. But God must have thought that I would need one in the coming Winter months to play with bow and heart, so He provided one at a ridiculously decent price.

I'll never tire of my cello. She's a beauty. And I love how God gives us the ability to praise Him with not only our voices and our actions, but our songs...cello song, piano song, tuba song. Whatever you do, in all you do, do for the glory of the King. He loves to hear you play. Thanks Mom and Dad again for my cello!!! <3

Comments

  1. Lovely post. My older sister plays the cello too! And she absolutely LOVES playing too!
    We all love music and play so much of it around here...I play The piano and it's so true! When I sit down at my piano, hours go by before I realize that my fingers are tired. I probably could write music and play the piano all day if I could. :)
    Music is apart of me, and I love glorifying my King through music. If it's singing, writing music, playing the piano, whatever it is, I want to worship the King of all music and things....<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts