Ye Merry Gentlemen...

At this very moment my desk is filled with REA study guides to Psychology, Western Civilization 1, and Spanish, notebooks and pencils...my bible and headphones. My head is filled with bunches of things too. And there's so much to do, that I must admit, sometimes I just do nothing. Because nothing sometimes seems easier than tackling a long list of lots of things!

When I need to nurture a friendship it's easier to dive into psychology, when I need to study psychology it's easier to sit in front of the computer and wander around the web, checking out my favorite sites and such.

And when my chemistry test needs to be taken it's easier to do anything rather than study for that.

*Sigh*

I suppose there's some technical term for this kind of...behavior. Or maybe I'm just all wrapped up in terms thanks to psych. I don't know...

The haunting tune of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is playing in my head...the song that I'm trying to figure out on the piano right now from a Jazz and Blues piano book I got for Christmas. And the words, "God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay" are really speaking to me right now.

Let nothing you dismay? Hm..okay.

"Remember, Christ, our Savior was born on Christmas day
To save us all from Satan's power when we were gone astray,
O tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy." 

I know it's no longer Christmas, but that does not dilute the truth in these words. If I could only always remember that Christ, our Savior was born on Christmas day, perhaps then I would be able to pull on my boots and get to work. Because He's saved us all from Satan's power when we were gone astray and now He gives us tidings of comfort and joy.

Why do I get caught up so easily in the cares of school? It's so much easier to just lay it all before God, ask for His strength and comfort, and get to work. This post is really more for me than anyone, because I need to get into school more before I get out of it.

See, I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. Actually, they won't be pulled out, because they actually are still in the gum and haven't really developed. I don't know how they actually get them out, but I think it involves a lot of blood. O.o

Prayers for quick healing would really be appreciated for certain! And that I will be able to have the patience to heal...taking a few days off of school is going to be hard, but maybe it's just what the doctor ordered (pun intended). And maybe, if I'm really blessed, it will provide a good time for me to collect my thoughts, focus on Christ, and regroup before I jump into even more...like my degree consultation, and then Honduras, and then... who knows what next?

Comments

  1. This post makes me smile :)
    I'm going to check out this song thanks for sharing, here is morning and so beautiful breakfast to me to start mt day, there'sa lot of things to do, to think, to be considered. But God is too good and so faithful with this life.
    You've been in my mind and prayers.
    Love you mt beautiful Maryah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song! I will be praying for your wisdom teeth removal, and for God to send His angels to comfort you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a few exceptions, it's always easier for me to do nothing than to do anything. I don't think it really needs a psychological classification.... I don't think it's always bad either. I can only really think of one semester in college when I literally was doing something ALL THE TIME, and it wasn't a very good one.

    Hope you feel better soon! Getting my wisdom teeth out wasn't fun for me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I don't like doing nothing *pictures self lying on the beach* but rather that I really don't like doing nothing when I know I have to do something...

      Thanks, it's been going fairly well so far...I'm just grateful that y'all can somehow manage to not burst out laughing everytime you see moi et mon pumpkin head. :P

      Delete
  4. I'm praying for you, darling! <3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to talk to you darling! Actually, I can't wait to talk to anyone...i would be fine with talking to a tree, I just want to talk. :P thanks for the prayers!!!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! Oh you poor thing. X) <3<3<3

      Delete
    3. Whenever you say, "you poor thing" I can't help but think of Jane...remember how you said that to her? Yeah, I thought you might. :] (I thought the situation called for Pete...wouldn't you agree?)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts