200 Shooting Stars

It's 4:26am and Holly and I just came in from seeing our 200th shooting star from the Geminids. We were chilly despite the 40 below sleeping bag...however, it was so much fun that we didn't notice terribly much.

We awoke at 1:00am and thought we'd only be out there for two hours. I suppose this is just a good example of human plans and their failings. :P Because we were definitely out there for much longer. Yeah.

Mostly we sang songs, and in the midst of a very serious conversation we would yell out, "23!" or, "67!" and then continue on just as seriously as ever. Gotta love best friends. <3

It was amazing to marvel at how awesome God is to have abundantly provided us with the most spectacular scenes and wondrous displays of His creativity. He didn't have to do that for us, but He did.

"Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?"
                                                                                      ~Job 38:31


Goodnight everyone! I mean...good morning. Unless of course your Delvalina, which in that case, good evening! <3

Comments

  1. I had such a wonderful time with you, darling. =) <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happened upon your blog and I'm really glad I did! Your blog is very delightful and I am your newest follower! I am excited to read your blog!
    You are always welcome to come check out my blogs or even follow them! New followers always make my day :)

    Oh my! I loveeee watching shooting stars! Wow! You saw 200 shooting stars?! That is just so neat! I heard about the Meteor Shower AFTER Friday,the night it happened. :( I love watching the sky at night and I've never looked at all the beautiful bright stars and not have some how become so in awe of God's beautiful work that I'm speechless. To think He knows EVERY star by name! What a great King! <3
    Have a wonderful day! God bless!
    A Servant 4 Christ,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lizzie! I'm glad that you've happened upon my blog! I hope you like it here, I always enjoy a new follower! I checked out your blogs, they are very nice! Your photography is beautiful and I look forward to looking at more of your photos when I get some extra time.

      I know! 200 shooting stars...I still can't believe that we actually saw two HUNDRED...but it was believable as we stumbled into my house. It was just as I woke up two hours later that I was like, "Did I really see 200 stars fall this early morning?" My friend and I were talking about how God knows all of the stars by name and we tried to comprehend what names He gave them..but we couldn't come up with any. :)

      Have a Merry Christmas, Lizzie!

      Delete
    2. You know what it kinda embarrassing? I told you I was your newest follower then forgot to follow it after I wrote the comment...haha sorry about that ;) Totally didn't mean to do that!

      Delete
    3. And I was wondering why your posts hadn't been coming up on my dashboard? Because I didn't follow! Oh goodness me, what a funny thing to do! lol

      Delete
    4. Hahaha! That's alright! At least you got it figured out. :)

      Delete
  3. I just wanted to tell you that, every time I see you wrote a new blog post, I get so excited! I just love reading your blog, and it is so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks so much!!! That really encourages me, I'm glad to hear that, because I love writing blog posts that uplift my readers. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts