Extra Hours

Dear Mr. Benjamin Franklin,

     Congratulations, you did it again. You must be proud of yourself, pulling pranks for years and years after your death. We all love you for your invention of the lightning rod, your helpful contribution of the bifocal glasses, that cute franklin stove, and the odometer. But I've been consciously observing daylight saving time for a good many years now and I never seem to get it right. I either forget, or turn my clock back when it's supposed to go forward, and forward when it's supposed to go back. You always win. It's Ben 17, Maryah 0.

     I knew that the time for turning back the clocks was this morning, I'd known for at least 2 weeks in advance, but that didn't help at all when I went to sleep last night and forgot and woke up this morning, still forgetting and started my day at 4:25 instead of 5:25. It's actually fine, I don't care that much, it's just, well, you see Ben, I woke up at 5am yesterday and I tuckered myself out so I somewhat desired that sleep that I really needed.

     However, I'm totally cool with having another hour to myself, because I am a quite a morning person (were you a morning person too?). So, technically, I don't really have anything to complain about, except for the fact that you bested me once again. That's all.

     It happened last year, the year before that, and the year before that. Maybe someday soon I'll get this whole remembering thing down, but for now, I'll just decide to write you this letter, because it's only 6:16 and I'm already running out of things to do by myself, in the dark, with the rain.

                                                       Sincerely,
                                                            Maryah

Comments

  1. sweet Maryah...you really bring me to your letter. I feel like I stand between you and Ben.

    Anyway, how are you? :) Thinking of you.
    Love,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts