A Change on the Horizon

Our first Spring thunder storm has just ended, leaving the earth plentifully soaked and dripping. 
As I sat on our leather sofa, praying as I looked out the window, Misha strolled into the living room and sat down. 

"Clear skies on it's way," she said matter-of-factly. 

"Yeah," I agreed. She got up and left.

And, looking out at the pale pink sky that gave an appearance at the tail end of the stormy clouds, I thought, "Yes...the clear skies are on their way." And it gave me much comfort. Because if these past few months have been anything--they've been stormy and clouded. 

Just a few moments before Misha had said that, I had read in Isaiah:

"O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted
Behold, I will set your stones in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires. 
I will make your pinnacles of agate, your gates of carbuncles, and all your wall of precious stones. 
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. 
In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you." 

Is not our God, the God of promises, the God of hope, a great God? Perhaps it's the Spring air, or the slight sunburn on my face from being outside all day yesterday, but I can sense the hope within and around us as clearly as I can see that the thunder storm is over, and a bright sunny patch of sky is coming our way. 

Comments

  1. We have been getting rained on for about a week now...I know the weary feeling of just wanting to see blue sky and the sunshine.
    I'm glad the sun is finally seen shining where you are!
    I love that verse in Isaiah! It is one of my favorites! Yes! Our God is great! He is our hope in the gloominess. Our truth in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I tell myself, "April showers bring May flowers" but it's not working. I know it's true, but it doesn't really seem to help ME that much. :D Anyway, if the sun doesn't come out and stay out, I'll simply go somewhere where it's always sunny. :-)

      Delete
    2. I've been telling myself the same quote ;) hopefully all this rain will the make the grass plush and green ;)
      Though now the river in our back is flooded! And you can't even go back there because it is so deep of water! I'm praising God we live on a hill and the water isn't gushing into our basement.
      I guess the rain is good for all the fields and crops, just gotta keep reminding myself that :)

      Delete
    3. Oh wow--we live on a hill too and I've definitely been thankful for it when all the rain comes pouring down. I would hate to be flooded.

      Yes, the grass IS getting greener...but still...I wouldn't mind not having the rain. Haha :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh wonderful maryah and the verse is a blessing. :) I love the picture and you should put more picture in each post like this.

    Blessing,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will try and put more pictures on here, just for you! :) <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts