Do I know you?

At times I wonder how many people read my blog that don't know me. When I read other people's blogs, I feel as if I have an acquaintance of sorts with them. I've learned so much about the lives of other people and they don't even know that I know! So I wonder if that ever happens with me. Does anyone ever read my blog (who doesn't know me) and feels like they do, but don't really? Granted, there are blogging friends that I have actually become friends with, but I'm talking about the people that I don't even know read my blog. 

And then I laugh and think, "My, I wonder if anyone reads it at all!?" However, if blogger statistics are correct, I do believe there's readers out there (hi!) and even some that I do not know. Mysterious. 

So, while I think about all this, I wonder how much of myself is revealed through my writing to those that don't know anything about me apart from my blog, and I thought it might be fun to just write a few things that you might not know about me. Why, even if you do know me, you might not know these things. 

First, I want to answer a few questions that my dear friend, Delvalina, asked me. She writes her blog in Indonesia and I've been very blessed by my friendship with her. 


1. Your most favorite Bible Story in Old and New Testament?

In the Old Testament: I really can't choose...may I pick two? Good. ;) The story of Ruth and Job are two of my many favorites. 

In the New Testament: Probably the story of John's revelation and seeing Jesus. 

2. One favorite thing you do in the morning? 

Watch the sunrise while drinking tea. I usually read the Bible with it too, but sometimes I do that before. 


3.Do you have a blog you love to visit but you won't leave a comment (secret admirer of another blog)?

Oh yes, many blogs! Um, this blog about a missionary family that visited our church once. This is a cooking blog that I frequent, and this one has some amazing baby birth stories on it. (I like those). 

4. Your current favorite worship song and singer?

Worship song: His Eye Is On The Sparrow
Singer: Michael Gungor

5. Your comfort daily style?

A sweater or flannel shirt with leggings and a skirt. (But that's for winter, in the summer, it's much different!)

6. Who is the person that you really want to meet now?

That's easy, Delvalina! :) And I would really like to meet John Piper too.

7. Are you in kind of 40 days of Christ's Passion,:)?

Well, I thought about doing something for Lent, but I really couldn't think of anything besides being less disciplined, because honestly sometimes my self-discipline can get in the way of the joys that God brings us in the little things of life. I've been learning these past days of Lent that letting go of perfection and "my ideal" is what is better for me. But then again, I've been learning about that for a while now, it just never seems to get old!

8. Book that you are reading currently?

Haha, to be completely honest: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price. Despite being more of a textbook though I read it like a novel! Other than that, I'm reading Mountains Beyond Mountains about Dr. Paul Farmer who cured TB. Also, my school books should count: Persuasion and Social Compliance Gaining (it's perhaps the best textbook I've ever read!) and Ethics In Human Communication (a little dry, but good!) as well as Anatomy and Physiology which is fascinating.  

9. What country that you most want to be visited?

Gah, that's hard because I want to visit many. I won't say the Dominican Republic, because that's nothing new, so I'll mention my very earnest desire to visit India and Iceland...oh, and South Africa.

10. Foreign language that you have wanted to learn?

Well, I know Spanish, but other than that? I can't choose! Creole, French, Tamil, Hebrew, Icelandic, and Gaelic to name a few. =)


A few other random things about me: 
I was born with a cleft palate, but Mom says that I just came out of the oven a little too soon and wasn't completely developed because it healed on its own! (Something I'm VERY thankful for!)

The ideal place for me is mountains and water. If I could have both mountain and sea, I would be a very happy person! :) 

I'm going to learn to drive standard first because I believe it's better to get the hard things over with. 

I've never had a cavity, never had any teeth pulled (besides my wisdom teeth) and have never broken any bones. 

I love dresses like the ones that Audrey Hepburn wore. Or in other words, most 1950's fashion. 


There you have it, a little bit more about me...but what about you? Perhaps I'll never know, but I'm glad to have you stopping by here and reading my spatterings. 
                                                 

Comments

  1. This post just put a big smile on my face. How you turned it into fun posts, and than k you for answering my questions. I love all your answers and I love what you said before about people who dont know you that read your blog - it must be "fun" hehe.
    And oh I never knew before that you like old fashion too! You just never shared such a thing here hehe.
    I love your answer about favorite thing to do in the morning coz I do the smae thing too :)
    Thank you for Sharing this Maryah! Yes I want to meet you and family, and your friend Holy :)
    I love visiting your blog thous sometimes I didnt leave a comment hehe :P you're a blessing here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =D Thank you for the inspiration, Delvalina! I'm glad you liked it! Yes, I really like old fashion, especially that dress that you made recently. :)
      Mhmm, the morning is my favorite time!
      I would so love to meet your family and Sean as well. Thanks for being my friend! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts