I'm [praying] for a White Christmas!

Why do I have joy this Christmas? 

Because Jesus is God with us. 

Always with us. 

Many prayers were answered this Christmas, for one, me and a few friends have been praying for two inches of snow this Christmas. A white Christmas is rare around here, despite the usual belief that of course there'd be snow here in New York and Pennsylvania in December. Yesterday there was sunshine out and it was one of those bleak days. Last night the snow began, and as we walked down Market Street it was like living in a snowglobe. We got two inches of snow. Almost exactly, maybe even a little more. 

Another prayer was that I could have my best friend with me for Christmas Eve. 
She was there alright! And it can easily be called one of the best nights of my life. Yes. It can. It surpasses all past Christmases on many levels. But mainly because I can look back and see how I've grown in the Lord and how He's been so gracious to me. I'm so excited for what the future holds...last night, anything seemed possible. 

We stayed out late, singing Christmas songs on the way home till we were simply buzzing with Christmas joy. At 12am, Christmas morning, I was walking up our snow covered lane, my cello on my back, because our car couldn't get up the hill, which requires all wheel drive. I was so glad that we had to walk up to the house Christmas morning. It was just one more magical moment of Christmas Eve. And today has also been simply grand. 

Praise God. It's a Merry Christmas. And it's not about the decorations or gifts, but about the heart. The heart that is hurting right now because their son could not live receive his Christmas wish, his two front teeth. But even in those devastated hearts, Christmas can still be celebrated. Why? Because Christmas is about Jesus, God with us. And it's during horrid massacres and sorrows that Christ's presence is most felt. For without Him, we would not be able to celebrate anything. Christmas isn't about the happiness that comes from what you got, it's about the joy found in what you have: Jesus. The Comforter has come, He's coming again and right now, this very moment, He's with us. Praying for peace for those that have lost much this Christmas. 

Peace on earth, good will to men. 

Comments

  1. Oh my beautiful friend and sister! I remember for the first time you talked to me about praying for the snow, and it's exactly came on Christmas Eve. What a beautiful Jesus! :) by reading this blog I only focus to the picture. I can see Jesus has made you glad, fulfilled your heart desires, turned reap into joys. I can see it all in your smile.
    Happy White Christmas!

    Love,

    Your Indonesian friend and sister :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't He wonderful!? Your sweet comment made me smile so much! I'm so blessed to know you Delvalina! And I'm glad that you can see all that in my smile, that's been a prayer of mine. Love you!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love this, Maryah! <3 Yes, it certainly was one of the best nights of my life. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you for following my blog! :) It made my day :) Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. i had a lovely Christmas as well :)

    Btw, I commented again on the first post I comment on ("200 shooting stars").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you had a lovely Christmas. And yes, I really like all of your blogs--they're very beautiful!

      Delete
    2. Awww! You're sweet :) I want my blogs to be a place where people can be encouraged and uplifted :) your blog is truly beautiful too :) I enjoy reading it :)
      God bless!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts