A Hopping Heart (trying to calm down) for Honduras

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, "Shhh...wait. Silently. Wait upon the Lord."
For my HOPE is from Him. Nowhere else can such a hope be found.
He only--and only Him--is my rock and my salvation, You have saved me from the depths of sin.
My fortress; I shall not be shaken. No matter what happens, You will always remain and I will remain in You. I will not be moved.
On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. There is no other.

Trust in Him at all times, O people; don't you see? There is no other place to put your trust.
Pour out your heart before Him; Oh how sweet and patient He is. 
God. Is. A. Refuge. For. Us. Selah. Rest in His refuge. 

Psalm 62:5-8

Recently I've been focusing a lot on peace, and waiting on the Lord. I do believe that we need to "make our requests known to God through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving" but there also are times when we need to shut our mouths and open our hearts to what God might be speaking to us.

Just the other day I was having my time of Bible reading and prayer before school and instead of jumping right into Algebra 2 I took a few moments more and rested. No, I didn't lie down and fall asleep.

I quieted my soul.

Because honestly, there's a lot jumping around in my soul right now, just like a bunch of mexican jumping beans. There wasn't any lack of things to pray for, I just felt like I needed to let go of all those things, give them to the Lord and say, "Okay, I'll be quiet. Fill me with your spirit and Your peace."

After that the scripture, "ask and you will receive" came to me and I thought, "alright now, I will pray again, but this time, not like I'm the one that controls everything, and rather just in complete trust." 

Maybe I'm the only one, but sometimes my prayer time turns into me trying to figure and plan everything out and getting horribly overwhelmed as I fail at it. Prayer isn't about scheduling everything that needs to happen and daydreaming the exact way it must occur. Prayer is about going to the Lord and saying,

"God, this is what I am needing/seeking/longing for right now, but I have no clue how to get there. To me it's an impossibility. But You, You are the God over all, and I know You have a perfect plan. So...you know, I will be trusting in You to work it all out. If you could, that'd be great. Your will be done."

And I've found that taking time to quiet my soul before the Lord, to wait on Him, has giving me strength to continue through the day. Even when there's nothing fantabulous going on, I have a joy and peace that can only be explained by the power of the Holy Spirit within me, telling me to not give up.

All of this resting has come as a direct result of a bunch of dancing, hopping and flying about that I've been doing because....

I'm going to Honduras.

!!!!!

To build an orphanage. I know. It's cool.
I tend to freak out about it most of the time.
Which is why I need to rest more of the time. 

Not only that, but I'm leaving in February. February 2nd actually. For a week--my first full week away from my Mom and Dad and the rest of my family. My wonderful family. But I'm so excited about what God has been/will be/is doing even this very moment! And besides going to Honduras, I'm also very busy with lots of other things and lots of other prayers. So in this time of hustle and bustle, I've been sure to slow down...and rest.

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence."

Comments

Popular Posts