Challenge

I like to challenge myself.

Whether it's with running, cleaning, schooling, or simply breaking routine--a challenge motivates me and if when I accomplish it, I always feel so rewarded to know that it was something I didn't have to do, but did anyway.

One of my most recent challenges has been to learn a cello suite on my (guess what) *cello! It's a bit obvious, I know, to learn a cello suite on the cello...but some of the truest things in life also happen to be the simplest.

My endeavors have began to pay off and I know the first part of the Bourree in Suite No. 3. I'm learning the second part right now and it can sometimes be frustrating because I don't know it by ear as well as I did the first part. However, I shall persevere and maybe tweak some of the fingerings. We shall see. For those of you wandering what the Bourree sounds like, or simply wanting to hear some of the most beautiful music ever, you can find it here.

Note: The skill shown in this video is and probably never will be, comparable to mine. And by that I mean, I can't play it like that, but I do in my head. And maybe someday I'll figure out that song well enough to be that good. We'll see. :) 

So, have you challenged yourself recently?

*Who does happen to have an official name finally! How is Duchess Irene for a royal sounding cello?

Comments

  1. I was expecting to watch you playing...it must be beautiful too :)

    Thanks for the post..yes I need to challenge myself more.

    Happy Sunday my sister!

    Blessing and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, that's not me playing the cello--perhaps someday I will post a video of me playing though, that'd be nice. :)

      Hope you're Sunday was blessed as well! <3

      Delete
  2. You play cello? You are so lucky! Following <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very blessed to play the cello! I didn't think I could until I was old enough to buy my own but my parents were able to surprise me with one for my birthday. I was very happy, to say the least. :) Thanks for following!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts