I will know nothing of evil...nor hypothermia.

At the moment I am shivering and trying to recover from a state of near hypothermia...something that I don't really recommend, but when you live next to a lake and you're foolish enough brave enough to respond to the irresistible call to go for a dunk in it's clear blue waters on a particularly sunny cold day, you can't help but comply; even if it means freezation. (Yes, that word does not exist, no, I don't really care). 

It was during this recently eluded to process of freezation that I had a lovely time in the Word though and for that, it was worth it. Even though it is quite possible to have good times of Bible study without causing your body to go into temperature shock, at least I made the best of it. So now, while I sip my tea, and wrap up in this thick blanket, I'll hope that I won't make any typos due to typing while wearing yellow, knitted hand warmers at the same time. 

At first I had only determined to do some reading out on the dock, but once I went down and tested the water with my toes, I realized rather foolishly that the water was warm! Well, of course it was warm...relative to the air temperature at least (it is at present less than 64 degrees Fahrenheit) and therefore I thought that it was the perfect opportunity to swim.

Of course the swim was refreshing and lovely. Afterwards, perched on a sunny rock in the water, I sat (a grand feat in itself, considering that I was shivering so much I should have fallen off!) and pondered over what the Lord was saying through His Book. Among the scriptures I read were Psalm 101, and the first four verses especially caught my heart: 
I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
to you, O Lord, I will make music.
I will ponder the way that is blameless.
Oh when will you come to me?
I will walk with integrity of heart
within my house;
I will not set before my eyes
anything that is worthless.

I hate the work of those who fall away;
it shall not cling to me.
A perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will know nothing of evil.
"I think always of Your truth", "I will not set my eyes on anything that is worthless", "my heart shall be pure", "I will know only good"-- this is true consecration to the Lord. And that is what I desire: To be consecrated to Jesus.

It reminds me of the hymn, "Take My Life and Let It Be". Here are the lyrics:

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

Christ Tomlin has a version of the hymn that I enjoy if you want to check it out. 

I yearn so much for my life to echo what David said in Psalm 101, to walk with integrity of heart and to ponder the way that is blameless, and I long for my life to sing, "Take myself and I will be ever, only, all for Thee." 

Each day I shall sing, "ever, only, all for Thee," and walk in the way that He has determined for my life. I pray that you will too. Oh, and if the opportunity arises, maybe you would be wiser to choose not swimming in the cold, cold water and instead just get right to the Word. Perhaps I should have read Proverbs 4:26 "Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways," before my feet led me to the water!

Comments

Popular Posts