Just be quiet

I love people. Without people, life would fairly meaningless.

But sometimes, we all need a little quiet.

I've been especially busy ever since the 1st of December and I only just had time to calm down and catch up. I've finally been able to breathe the same way that the majestically fluffy snowflakes have been breathing as they fall to the ground to rest.

Last week was filled with little kids, late nights, early mornings, and not enough school to satisfy this schoolaholic.

This week I thought I'd catch up, and I did, and then I woke up sick. What with? Oh, nothing really. Just typhoid.

(Side note: my parents and I are just beginning to take typhoid oral vaccines ((no, not oral shots, they're actually capsules but they're called vaccines)) in preparation for our trip to the D.R. and now that I have typhoid inside of me, I should hopefully not be infected. Anyway, the side effects were a diminished version of the dreaded typhoid sickness).

Needless to say, I can't imagine what full-blown typhoid is like. It gives me incentive to go through with taking yet another typhoid capsule because I know that it's worth it so that I may go and help people that deal with sicknesses and medical discomforts that they shouldn't have to deal with.

Back to people though. Or lack thereof. There's actually not much of a lack of them nowadays (something I'm incredibly grateful for!) but as I said, we all need breathers.

Therefore, when 10:30am found me all alone in this lovely and small apartment, I enjoyed every moment of it. My school was finished, I played the piano, and I even managed to do some baking while listening to a sermon. From there I went into a full-blown clean up of the place. Enough about what I did though, I just want to focus in on how important it is that we make time for time. Time to be quiet and breathe. Preferably time to open up the Bible, or if even reading seems too busy, time to just sit before the Lord and talk.

In such a crazy season, we need to be sure to do this so that our priorities and our hearts are in line.

Before we give gifts, let's receive the gift He gave us: His peace. Let all reactions and emotions spring forth from that peace. His peace is not momentary, it's always there and always available. So take a hold of this peace and breathe in the quiet of Winter and rest.

Comments

Popular Posts