I Miss Heaven

I miss Heaven.

I haven't been there, but I feel what's missing.

Eternity was placed in my heart

And as far as I can see

Heaven is the place

That I am meant to be.

It's an inner groaning

Knowing

That life is supposed to be something else

Something it's not.

It's a heartfelt growing

Understanding

That we have not been forgot.

Hope is comprehending

That the God who created the world in perfect poise

Created the Savior

To enter our noise

To set us free

From startling paralyzation

Eternity cut off from God.

People call it going through the motions

Being a bit blue

Hormones causing emotion

But I know what's true:

That we were meant for something better

And that's what we desire

A life set free from sin's fetters

With the happiness of lifting Him higher

A life that is endless in time with the Creator

Who made us to laugh.

Laugh, from the heart, about true and good things

Laugh, with our eyes crinkled

And dazzling with His majesty

Even the deaf laugh with hand signs intermingled

It's something that we do to reveal

What our hearts are longing for

The Home we have

The joy that's in store

When we enter the place that's been prepared

I want to go, and be there

Oh, how I miss Heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts