Letting Him Take Control

     I think I should start with this statement: College is amazing, truly amazing. I love how CollegPlus, being a Christian organization, is drawing me closer to God through school.
   
     My coaching call went very well and I have a very wonderful coach. Her name is Stephanie Nelson, not that that's important to you... but it is to me.

      I see her as someone that is going to help me through an incredible (and incredibly tough!) journey and I really value the time that I spend with her over the phone.

     Moving on, these past three days have left me so exhausted, seriously, I didn't know that my brain was capable of all that. And it's just been THREE DAYS! (I had my call on Monday, but my school didn't really start until Wednesday).

     I finished one module in my Chemistry, two Landmarks in my CP Navigate, some magnificent number of dynamic memory and speed reading drills and lots and lots of art history videos. Seeing as my first CLEP will be in Humanities, the art history is kind of important.

     I really am enjoying the Dynamic Memory, I love learning how to remember so much stuff! Yesterday I used different techniques to remember all the names and definitions of different categories and types of rocks. I also used another technique to remember the words, milk, homelessness, microscope, pedestal, and igloo. The story that I came up to remember that one was really fun! But the most obscure one would definitely be this one: hydrant, Cuba, maturity, pitchfork, enlightenment. I don't want to tell anyone the story that I came up for that one, I think it might concern some people. :D

Just kidding...

     I also really like my CP Navigate, which is in essence, Life Purpose Planning. Sounds great doesn't it!? Well, the courses (or Landmarks) are really, really good. And I've enjoyed being able to take an hour and a half out of my day to just search and explore the ways that God has been working in me and how I want to see Him change me by the end of this course. Yesterday my Landmark was about realizing that God is in control of our lives and that we need to see that He's got a plan for us. This is something straight from the Landmark that I loved:
"Our frustrations, as simple as they may seem, are often born of a deeper conflict. We want to be in control of our lives. When we encounter unforeseen challenges or experience unmet expectations we are often discouraged less by our circumstances, and more as a result of our perspective. Often when things go "wrong" it is because we have predetermined what is "right" and sought to enact our will to achieve our purpose. "
     And after a week of very much realizing that I cannot do this by myself, I listened to last week's sermon since I missed it while in nursery. It was from the series of The Gospel of Mark and it was the story where Jesus walked on the water.
   
     During the sermon Mr. Snapp said emphasized the importance of asking Jesus to come into our boats (struggles/situations) and asking Him to do the rowing. Also the importance of prayer. All of this was very encouraging, along with Navigate and the way it is cultivating God's purpose for me in my life.
 
      I know that I won't be able to accomplish this without God. The same goes for anything in life. The best part though is that I know that I will accomplish this, because God will be with me and I do not need to fear or be anxious no matter how hard school gets.

God is in complete control over my life and I submit with eagerness to His will.

Comments

Popular Posts