Use The Gift God Gave You...prayer

I think that as Christians we let the muscle of power go out of use way too often. Perhaps it's because of a few varied reasons like:

     #1. We don't think that it's attractive. We'd rather lean on our own understanding instead of leaning on Him, which would ultimately lead to us confessing our weaknesses. And what's wrong with that? Because honestly, God knows every.sinlge.thing.about.us. A little of our own admitting who we are won't change the way that God sees us. With love, He looks upon us.
I guess our pride gets in the way of our saying, "Father I'm frail and I need you!"

     #2. We don't "have the time" to pray. Honestly, I probably fall into this one quite a bit...but I pray (oh the irony) that I will not do that again. Our days can get quite busy, but just because you're washing the dishes doesn't mean you can't pray!

     Same with driving, schoolwork, eating, dressing. Prayer can be inserted into any daily activity. If you really can't take a few minutes out of your day to sit down and just pray (though I'd advise you do, because it's SO worth it!), then 1) ask God to allow time for you to have prayer with Him and/or 2) pray while you do anything that you do that keeps you so "busy" from prayer time.

    But really try and make an effort to look over your day and say, "Okay, instead of 5-10 minutes on Facebook, I'm going to spend 5-10 minutes on the line with God." Or maybe it's not Facebook, maybe it's email, or some other device that sucks so much of us up.

     #3. We devalue it's strength and don't realize how amazing prayer can be. Maybe we think that it won't help, perhaps our situation is "too big"for God. My friend, it is never too big for God. Over and over again I've seen that this is true. When I start feeling something come upon me that seems impossible and I don't see any way to get out or go through it, I pray, and He answers.

     #4. You've not experienced an answered prayer, or what one person might look at as answered prayer, another might see as coincidence. And therefore, the little miracles of life are just pushed aside and become "life." Every breath is a miracle, so...yeah. And I guess you could get really theological and say maybe you aren't praying with faith, which might be the case, but I don't won't to go there.

The idea is, prayer is a gift, a tool from God. Don't let it go unwrapped or unused. For some reason, God has let us have direct communication with Him--imagine being able to talk to your favorite celebrity or hero all the time!
We think that some people are amazing because they made something neat. Well, God made you--that should make Him awesome. And it does.

     Anyway, prayer is a gift, it's simple and it's a way that we can talk to God throughout our weary days.

    So take some time right now, seriously, if you're reading this, take 2 moments and pray about something that's bothering you, or praise Him for something you're thankful for, whatever it is.. do it.

Comments

Popular Posts