May My Children Be Like Mae And Gemma?

I was in nursery today. My best friend who I hadn't seen in two weeks was on baby gate duty and since we wanted to be together, I joined her.

My attention was mostly given to the two girls that seem to have fallen in love with me.

And I with them.

Mae is three and has the most gorgeous brown eyes, they're soft but bright with a tinge of red and quite big on her slender face. She likes to talk about her relatives and asks a lot of questions.

Her little sister, Gemma, is two and though her eyes are definitely brown as well, they aren't as pure but rather hold the scene of perpetual grey fireworks in a brown sky.

They both sat on me, held to me, laughed at me, and said, "peese!" when I held out animal crackers for them to eat. Mae would lay on my legs and just cuddle up to me, and Gemma would come in sit in the crook of my arm as I stroked their slender backs and straightened their sundresses.

They made me want to have my own kids. And last night, at the Walsworths I hitched Hattie to my hip and laughed bright eyed at her as she "talked" and resembled what I knew of myself as a baby.
Which isn't much actually.
And then I got to stroke little patch headed Mark, 3 months old and so sweet!

And as Mae and Gemma's mom came to pick them up she mentioned finding more babysitters and my heart leapt, had not the desire to babysit these darlings come upon me more than once while watching them? And I said that if ever it worked out, I would be glad to. However, my schedule...my school...my transportation.

Still, I would love to do that so, so much! I introduced her to Mom and I'm content with the thought that maybe some weird Saturday that I'm able to get to their place and not have to study I'd be able to watch them. And if I never do get the chance, nursery will just be seeing me a lot more often!

Tomorrow I'm making cupcakes for a birthday party Sanna is going to, the Spanos are coming over and hmm...there's something else, what was that??

Ohhh. Right.

I'm starting school tomorrow! For those of you that have seen Tangled, I wrote that in the voice of Rapunzel as she's talking to Eugene in the tunnel and is so amazed at how she handled the ruffians and she's like, "I KNOW!"

I honestly don't know what to expect. It'll be like a surprise. Hopefully a good one.

We had the St. Clairs over after church, Rebecca and I had a lovely time walking and talking and making the most awful sounds on Mattea's double bass!

And now I think I'll either make some muffins, go for a run, or do nothing at all.

The possibilities are blowing my mind.

More than that though, is the thought that this is the last evening that I have that is like, school free. I know there will be holidays and such, but they'll all have a shadow of school, no doubt.

And so I prepare to eagerly clasp the shackles of school upon my feet--but not my arms, they shall be in need to reach out for a hug when needed. Which would mean, "all.the.time." <-- friends take note. (yes, Holly, that means you) =)

Comments

  1. I totally sympathize! I love working at the nursery at our church; some kids do just make you want to have your own kids one day...others make me kind of scared of the responsibility! How many would you have if and when you could? Just thinking here..: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, well, my last "decided amount of kids" was 18............you know....may or may not actually have that many, but I love kids so I know I'll have a lot, it probably won't be 18 but more than the usual 3-4 kids nowadays! Not that there's anything wrong with 4 kids, but I always wish with those families (hint, hint) that there's one or two more...especially with you guys!! How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts