Real Lake Living (A Plea and Response)

The Plea:

"The flame leaps upon the fire-feed
It gives a hum to say it's hungry
I stare into it's flicker-dance to see
If in some way this fire resembles me.

I warm a small diameter
No more than 3 ft. 
I have been simply burning tinder,
Now I want something more to eat.

My soul is practically leaping
Like the flame that licks around
I know this life is fleeting, 
Yet I can't seem to get off the ground.

A burning passion inside me
Aches for so much more
I desire a closeness and a finding
That being a Christ-lover is not a chore.

Oh, I want more. I want more.

This world and its joys suffocate
And my trachea cannot hold
The toxic materialistic fate
Of all fame, careers, and gold.

I know You speak in quiet
And often in the everyday
Make all other distractions silent
That Your voice I might obey.

I want none other beside You
Yet sometimes You feel so far
Immerse me in Your love so true
I am seeking after Your star.

Oh the future, it's so slippery,
And who am I to say
That tomorrow won't completely
Change who I am today?

I guess this is where Your sovereignty
Filled with love comes into play
And I am just waiting, knowing,
That you can hear me pray."

The Father's Response:

"I am not making you a fire, My dear.

I am making you a lake.

That all would be refreshed who draw near
And that Life may come to the desert place.

The heat of this world and hunger of the flame
Is in need of a joyfully deep waterway.

I know that right now you seem to be 
Nothing more than a struggling stream.

Not a lot can be seen with just a look
But I who formed the seas
Will make you make joyful than a brook.

And never doubt, My lark,
For the depths of the Mariana shall not compare
To the depths within your heart
That I am placing there.

So rather than lament that My sure promise isn't true
Trust with all your heart
That I who began this good work
Will be faithful to complete it in you."

Love,
                   Your Father

   

Comments

Popular Posts