Did you have fun?

“It will not do to say that you have no special call to go to China [or anywhere for that matter]. With these facts before you and with the command of the Lord Jesus to go and preach  the gospel to every creature, you need rather to ascertain whether you have a special call to stay at home.”                                                                                      - Hudson Taylor

I like that quote. Something else I like is this blog, you should check it out if you get a chance. Just reading one post I realized that (among other things) we shouldn't value something by how much fun it was, but how well we loved. 

So look back on your week....okay....what are you getting? Pretend your about to tell me something about it...whether it's a complaint or an enjoyment or fact..now wait, stop: how well did you love? 

Ooooh. Well. Um. See. I had funnn. So, I'm good, right? 

You can have fun while you love people, but I realize that most of what real love is, is doing stuff you don't love, but for people or a cause that you do love. 
So maybe Tuesday or Saturday weren't all that great for you. 
Maybe you had to clean your grandfather's house even though you don't like doing it, maybe you had to clean your room. 
Maybe you had to clean your heart. 

But if you do some searching and find that at the bottom of it all, it was love, then you'll find the reward much more satisfying. 
Not that it's a bad thing for something to be fun, and it's always good to be trying your best to enjoy something. But we all have those days were it's like, "I have to do {insert whatever it is} and I don't want to." 

But do it with love, and you'll find that love never fails. 

Amour, mes amis. 

{The inspiration for this post came from this post, I really recommend reading it too} 

Comments

Popular Posts