When life gives you sisters, you should play with them.

I raked through the thick carpet of leaves on our lawn. A long, windy path shaped itself behind me and soon I was running along it with my two younger sisters, Misha and Sanna. We raced and laughed and finished it by jumping into a pile of leaves. Then we'd lay out on the green grass till we got our breath back and one of us jumped up to do it again. After doing this for about fifteen minutes we were suddenly the crew of a pirate ship (also known as the playground) and did exciting things, like fighting the great sea Tractor and normal pirate things, like throwing people overboard.
As we continued on in our imagination, a big pile of leaves became a ferocious sea monster that ate us if we didn't attack it. We took hold of our rakes and blew that thing to smithereens, only to rake it up and do it all over again.

We yelled and screamed, laughed and joked.

And I became a little girl.

It took me a bit to really get into the whole "use your imagination" thing again, but once I was there, we were pounding our swords into the monster and making the momentous declaration that it was defeated.

My hands became really cold, but the sunshine still felt good and the air, oh the air.
So infused with the smell of Autumn.

I spent a good hour playing with my little sisters, something that I hardly do anymore. It almost makes me sad. And considering that my whole life is thus far centered around children, I figure I need to begin changing that. I need to be able to get down on the ground and make little blocks into a grand feast not only for adorable babies and toddlers in nursery, but for my sisters as well.

Life experiences aren't going to happen if we spend all our time around the computer, waiting for things to happen. If we don't make the choice to go outside and see God's creation, we're going to become less and less aware of His design and focus more and more on the computer's design. Or whatever it is that sucks us in.

Life is happening around you. Get out and experience it. Only then will you find true fodder for your statuses and blog posts and emails. Someone that genuinely sees each day as an opportunity to do something great is going to go far in the world. Let's be those kind of people.

Comments

  1. I love all your posts - they are so inspiring. And how fun to play in the leaves with your little sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! That made me smile. :D

      Delete
    2. Your so welcome! I smile every time I read your blog :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts