Mistakes

I made a mistake.

It culminated a bunch of mini mistakes and was not very flattering, to speak in human terms. I could not put my finger on it, but I knew that I'd done something wrong. When the Spirit is getting at you, you don't always realize it--but He's trying to get your attention.

In the very act of trying to figure out "how I was doing", I prosecuted myself and was condemned to judgment. But Christ is my propitiation, He vindicated me and set me free. He took all the wrath that the jury had proclaimed upon me and I walked away: freed.from.sin.

Once the Spirit made clear to me what I had done and how I had failed, He told me to "sin no more" and I said, "How? How do I do this?" The answer was in the question: you don't. YOU don't do anything. You can put all of your effort into it and find yourself as messed up as you started--if not worse. Because "with man it is impossible, but with God, all things are possible."

But with God. WITH God, then and only then, it is possible. With God it will happen--with God you can slay your self and find your life in Him emerging ever brighter and purer.

After I had talked with God about this, I had another thought: so this is why I'm not out on the missions field just yet. Because I'm not ready. He's still refining me. I might think that I'm ready, but truth is, if I were to embark on full-blown ministry right now, I would fail. I would fail so badly.

Thank God for the Spirit, for His convictions, His forgiveness and His wisdom. Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean it's not the right way. God and only God is the right way. Lead me on Lord and I pray that I can follow You, because with God, all things are possible.


Comments

Popular Posts